DIY Monday: Cake Stand!


Hi everyone :) Sorry I've been a little absent from the blog, but my day job has been keeping me busy and my computer broke down! I've been a little bit of a victim of Murphy's law lately, but whatevs.. I've you've got a pinterest account, you must have noticed by now a lot of random pins featuring lovely dessert tables. Most of them are for children's or bachelorette parties, and while I don't have kids nor am getting married yet, that hasn't stopped me from wishing I had a cake stand, aka an uncomitted girl's dessert table. If I can't have an entire table, at least I'll have a cute place to put my weekly cupcake. 

This reminds me of a Sex and the City episode where Carrie so wisely points out "Think about it. If you are single, after graduation there isn’t one occasion where people celebrate you … Hallmark doesn’t make a “congratulations, you didn’t marry the wrong guy" card. And where’s the flatware for going on vacation alone?" Albeit we do celebrate birthdays every year, we only get one tiny celebration a year?! So join me and make your own cake stand and have some cake and celebrate "I am fabulous" day! :) 

(Boyfriends, husbands and kids welcome but not required) 

Sorry, but I had no cake this weekend to top it off


Materials: 
1 candle stick 
1 cute plate 
Glue gun 

It's a no brainer to make, you just take your gun and glue your candle stick to the back of your plate. You have to be somewhat careful when handling it, because the glue gets hard and breaks with time, but it's not like you use a cake stand every day, so it should last you a while. And if it breaks, you just take your trusty glue gun and put it back together again, it's no Humpty Dumpty!

I bought all my materials at a hardware store (Vidri) for less than $10. Beats the ridiculous prices of over $35 I found for cake stands at our local shops and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...